We offer full flexibility in terms of volume and dimensions. Our lathe turning capacity is up to φ150 mm (or, 6 Inch). Production volumes are from unique prototypes to large volumes produced in automated robot cells.
Suntium masters processes for advanced machining with turning and milling integrated, effectively producing complex parts with high demands in terms of tolerances and features. We can handle dimensions up to φ150 mm (or, 6 Inch).
In our milling department, we have 14 Machine Centers of which 12 are equipped with 2-axis Index. We offer the following processes within milling:
- 3-axis Machining Center with 2-Axis Index with a working space of up to Φ150 millimeters.
- Vertical machining center
- 5 Face Machining
Suntium has a complete grinding department, securing Flatness down to 3 Light Bands. Suntium offers the following processes for Flat Grinding:
- Lapping (Flatness <= 3 Light Bands, Ra <= 0.2 micrometer)
- Double Sided Grinding (Flatness <= 2 micrometer, Ra <= 0.2 micrometer)
We produce both the driver and driven gears for internal and external gear pumps. Our capabilities include spur or helical gears; both integral shaft and ground bore styles. Many pump gears have a ground tooth profile, offering minimal pulsation and improved life cycle compared to cut gears.
Typical raw materials used for general gear cutting are D2, 303, 316 and 440c Stainless steel, but other materials such as plastic, gray and ductile iron, bronze and steels are common as well.
Subject to customer specifications, some of the parts manufactured are surface treated. A network of skilled sub-suppliers often found locally provide a wide range of complementary processes. And, Suntium assumes full responsibility for all steps in the processes.
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Gold Plating
- Black Oxide
- Chemical Deburring
- Zinc Phosphate Coating
Heat treatments allow the structure of the metal to be changed to achieve the required hardness properties. For these treatments, at Suntium, we use trusted specialist partners who complete their tasks in line with the strict quality criteria that we impose.
- Precipitation Hardening
- Tempering (Stress Relief)
- Nitriding (Vacuum)
In our department for assembly work, we handle a wide range of articles and components, short lead times and products that require full traceability and documentation. We are specialized in creating value of customer-integrated logistics chains, including:
- In-house assembly
- Purchasing of external components
- Assembly, Function Test, and Packaging with just-in-time deliveries
Materials used in our processes are inclusive but not limited to ones as follows:
- Alloy Steel
- Tool Steel
- Stainless steel
- PEEK/UHMW PE/Teflon/PCTFE
Whether it is springs, machined parts, stamped-bent parts, or plastic injection moldings, we offer you individual packaging solutions that protect your products against damage, contamination, and environmental influences during transportation and storage. With our made-to-measure packaging solutions, your products are placed in the correct position, counted and ready for storage in magazines during production. There are no limits to your design options.
Our packaging solutions at a glance:
- Bulk goods packaged by exact number
- Tubular film
- Cardboard packaging
- Small container
- Blister tray
- Packaging tube
- Plastic box
- VCI bag
- Air bag packaging
Suntium has put in place a logistics system to make sure that your order is handled in optimal conditions and that all deadlines and other requirements are met. Suntium also provides innovative stock control techniques, using interfaces such as Barcoding, etc. for information technology applications, enabling optimal day-to-day or ‘just-in-time’ management for its needs.
Example of Services:
- When placing a blanket order, the customer receives the cost benefits from economies of large volumes and the short delivery times or larger partial quantities.
- The Kanban scheduling system ensures savings in logistics and storage and is available on request.
- Our high quality standard allows ship-to-stock that minimizes the customer’s inspection costs.
Design and Manufacture of Project-Specific Tools
At Suntium, we have our own R&D department, as well as a mechanical workshop.
Working closely with specialist manufacturers, a team of engineers develops innovative solutions in order to:
- internally design our own systems for integrating as many operations and services as possible within our company
- permanently adapt the machine inventory to the specific requirements of our production
- track the changes required by the current market
In addition to modifications to its “standard” machines, we also offer custom systems, developing complete solutions or integrating existing tools and devices (e.g. automatic finishing machines or measuring automation for micro-workpieces).
Thanks to the enthusiasm of the professionals who work there, our technical department is the beating heart of Suntium’s continuous innovation, which is expressed through the most modern technologies for 3D design and for the prototyping of our components.
A blend of experience and technology that enables us to provide the best response to the demands of our customers, continuously strengthening the bond of partnership amongst us.
Excellence and customer satisfaction are our goals. That’s why we are always on the lookout for the latest innovations regarding tool machines, control systems, and specific materials.
Every year, we invest heavily in our machine fleet to keep improving both productivity and quality. We also adapt our production machines to our needs in collaboration with many of our automation supplier, which manufactures custom automatic equipments, tools, and secondary operation machines.
Additional to turning, milling, gearing, grinding, hardening, surface treatment, and assembly work, we also support our customers with a broad range of other services as follows:
- Cleanliness handling and packaging
- Welding, both robotic and manual
- Sand Blasting and Shot Peening
- Measurement control with CMM machines in temperature controlled measuring rooms
- Traceability of individual components
- Surface Foaming